Fifteen things Charles and Ray teach us
- Keep good company
- Notice the ordinary.
- Preserve the ephermal.
- Design not for the elite, but for the masses.
- Explain it to a child.
- Get lost in the content.
- Get to the heart of the matter.
- Never tolerate “O.K. anything.”
- Rembember your responsibility as a storyteller.
- Zoom out.
- Prototype it.
- Make design your life. (And life, your design.)
- Leave something behind.
Don’t let this consolidation distract you from true insights (load PDF here).
Gareth Kay tweated the Eameses yesterday, something that didn’t go unnoticed by Neil Perkin .
Meanwhile, Seth Godin poked at the last of Eameses’ things here.
Eames: the architect and the painter, my entry from last year.
Charles Eames design Eames Eames: the architect and the painter Fifteen things Charles and Ray teach us Gareth Kay Keith Yamashita Neil Perkin Ray Eames