German elections 2017
6 things German marketing will definitely get wrong in the elections
- Emulate the viral successes of Facebook cats and the recruiting campaign of the so called ‘Islamic State’..
- A German substitute for successful claims made during the US elections, such as: ‘Yes. We can.” and “Make America great again.”
- Disperse the voters diminishing attention span even more with promoting regional representatives, instead of directing all eyes on the star politician.
- Inability to “see further than the end of their nose” and use a national template instead of a European one.
- Fall flat in getting through ignorance with amazement and surprise.
- Demonstrate a lack of knowledge of human nature, optimism and credible conviction.
In 2005, I got to know the CDU election team at the Konrad Adenauer house in Berlin. I was the chief creative on the agency side (McCANN) handling the campaign. The idea that came up around such brief meeting to establish podcasts with Angela Merkel contributed demonstrably to the success of the campaign.
@ChristineBirkne @Scholle10719 Adweek CDU Christine Birkner Forbes German elections 2017 Judith Pfannenmüller Mehrdad Amirkhizi Stefan Hennewig WuV