Unparalleled American Apparel
When it comes to integrated campaigning, the most commonly used industry wide definition is to have a campaign unfold across multiple channels. Say TV, radio and print. The proper definition however is universally holistic in the making. That is any chunk of the campaign, say its brand website or its print ad, is in itself wholesomely integrated. With each part of the concept contributing to the other to achieve a seamless experience in both each campaign part being functionally and emotionally connected.
- of an idea that let’s you do
- of amazing immediate relief to you, the customer
Sweatshop Free. Made in Downtown LA.
American Apparel strives to be a capitalist success at the same time that it is a social and environmental success. American Apparel’s approach to branding and its brand positioning is in itself integrated. It caters to multiple levels of requirements the brand faces from multiple stakeholders and their different and entirely individual viewpoints.
Dov Charney has built American Apparel into a $250 million-a-year business, selling T-shirts, swimsuits, and underwear, all made at his downtown Los Angeles plant. Since November, 2003, when American Apparel opened its first store, 53 retail outlets in five countries have opened.
American Apparel digital marketing is more customer focused and more functional, to a degree of practical intelligence we have come to acknowledge great women for. The user is encouraged to supply fashion photos or can choose to become linked in with their own fashion blog. The do it yourself IKEA knack, where customers assemble the purchased furniture on their own or Amazon customers supplying shots of missing book covers. Apparel is sexy connected and does not stop short at pure functionality and usability.
American Apparel’s Digital Footprints
- American Apparel on Twitter – 175,356 Followers
- American Apparel on Facebook – 260,957 people take a liking
- American Apparel brand site
- YouTube returns 3,720 findings on the topic of American Apparel
- 784 members posted 2,963 photos on Flickr tagged American Apparel
- Google search returns approximately 34.700.000 listings
- Company formation and growth on WIkipedia
- American Apparel Organics – Sustainable Edition
- Living On The Edge At American Apparel Bloomberg Businessweek
- The Cajun Boy on Sasha Grey featured in American Apparel ad
- American Apparel founder Dov Charney
- Dress Code: American Apparel Has a Beauty Code. Of Course.
American Apparel Digital Footprints Dov Charney Integrated Marketing photography Sasha Grey